The purpose of the Pipefitter role is to fit and align pipe. The individual will be a Journeyman who has a continual focus on safety, cost control and customer satisfaction when performing the duties of the position. You must also have experience producing quality work with attention to detail in order to meet and exceed customer’s needs.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and specifications to determine layout requirements.
- Select type and size of pipe required
- Measure, cut, and thread pipe to required shape using hand and power tools.
- Weld, braze, cement, solder and thread joints to join pipes and fabricate sections of piping system.
- Install supports, valves, piping and control systems.
- Test system for leaks using testing equipment.
- Participating in, accepting and adopting the safety principles
Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- Must possess a valid Journeymen Certificate or enrolled as a Pipefitter Apprentice, with relevant experience
- 1-2 years of directly related work experience
- Tickets of WHMIS, TDG, H2S Alive are assets
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Possess qualities such as dependability, adaptability, and persistence.
- Ability to work overtime or shift work as needed
- Team player who is detail-oriented and efficient, innovative, professional and personable.
- Ability and desire to fully utilize the technological resources provided, in order to perform all tasks effectively.
- Self-motivated, works well individually but is an effective team member.
- The employee spends the majority of time sitting or standing in a comfortable position with ample opportunity to move about.
- The employee must be able to lift up to 25lbs
- Travel is required and is expected to be approximately 5-10% of the time worked.
- Employee will be a member of a team that is geographically dispersed.
- Working conditions in natural gas compression vary from one job site to another. Some job sites are indoors in compressor stations while other sites are outside, exposed to a variety of weather conditions. The work environment may be in hazardous locations. There is a strong emphasis on safety while working with heavy equipment and machinery
Full Time, Competitive Compensation
Health Insurance, Employer matched retirement plan, Life Insurance, Vacation