The key responsibilities include looking up parts, creating purchase orders, ordering parts, arranging shipping, receiving inventory into the computer software, directing the shipper/receiver, internal and external customer and vendor communication; Administrative duties, record keeping and inventory management.
Preference given to candidates with knowledge of automotive parts, heavy truck dealership or other procurement positions. Gas compression experience is preferred but not necessary.
High School Diploma.
Post-secondary education preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic math skills are required
- Computer experience is a must as this is a desk job that requires data entry.
- Experience in Quickbooks is preferred or have the willingness and ability to learn this or any software. Demonstrated proficiency in Word and Excel is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills are a must.
This position requires the ability to “think on your feet” to make logical decisions to meet our customer’s needs. Following the policies, procedures, and guidelines of Fuel Energy Services USA Ltd will aid in these decisions.
RATE OF PAY AND HOURS OF WORK
Salary range will for this position is based on demonstrated experience and abilities. This is a full time OFFICE POSITION. The purchaser/buyer works an average of 40 hours per week. Overtime may be required from time to time as the customers’ needs change.
- Process orders for parts and supplies
- Prepare, generate and process purchase orders
- Prepare pick lists for orders
- Pack and ship orders
- Sell supplies and parts
- Organize and ship exchange parts
- Process returns
- Arrange transportation of materials
- Import and export materials
- Maintain inventory levels
- Receive shipments, ensure they are complete and in good order, store them according to a pre-arranged system and deliver them to the required location
- Control and manage stock and storage to prevent loss
- Keep price lists and catalogues updated
- Count and reconcile inventory as directed by management
- Negotiate better pricing, delivery times and freight charges