The Roustabout position is responsible for supporting oilfield operations. The position is diverse and job duties may vary on a daily basis. The Roustabout may be required to work with hand tools, power tools and heavy equipment. Roustabouts may be required to work in all types of inclement and/or extreme weather conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely work in a potentially hazardous environment
- Secure equipment and safely transport according to company policy and DOT regulations
- Install and make repairs to oil and produced water tanks, including confined space entry
- Dig pits and lines
- Install and repairs motors on equipment
- Operate high pressure power washing equipment
- Install and repairs piping, valves, pumps, motors
- Install and repair pipelines
- Repair dikes, perform general ground work around well sites
- Perform access road upkeep and maintenance
- Clean up oil spills and general clean up
- Must be proficient with hand and power tools as well as heavy equipment
Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- Experience working as laborer, including proficiency with all types of tools and equipment
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to repeatedly lift up to 75lbs.
- 1 year previous Oilfield experience
- Class A CDL
- Periodic lifting requirements in excess of 50 lbs. Ability to stand and walk on uneven and varied terrain, climb ladders and stairs, stoop, squat, kneel, crouch and crawl depending on the task requirements
- Exposure to extremes in temperature and weather conditions depending upon assigned location
- Exposure to high noise levels (in excess of 85dBA), as well as exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals and materials
- The position requires ability to read and interpret data as well as having the capacity to professionally and effectively communicate (verbally and written) with both company and outside personnel.
- Employee will be a member of a team that is geographically dispersed.
- Working conditions in natural gas compression vary from one job site to another. Some job sites are indoors in compressor stations while other sites are outside, exposed to a variety of weather conditions. The work environment may be in hazardous locations. There is a strong emphasis on safety while working with heavy equipment and machinery
Full Time, Competitive Compensation
Health Insurance, Employer matched retirement plan, Life Insurance, Vacation