The purpose of the Welder includes, but is not limited to, executing fabrication projects in accordance to the welding procedures, working with other employees as a part of a team, and being prompt and on time daily for work. The individual will be a Journeyman who has a continual focus on safety, cost control and customer satisfaction when performing the duties of the position. You must also have experience producing quality work with attention to detail in order to meet and exceed customer’s needs.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Fitting and welding of large structural steel using SMAW/FCAW welding techniques
- Clamping and structural support of pipe systems
- Ability to use welding and fabrication tools such as torches, arc gouging equipment, drills, measuring tools, etc.
- Ability to read and use blue prints on a daily basis
- Follow work instructions and participating in, accepting and adopting the safety principles
Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- Must possess a valid Journeymen Certificate or enrolled as a Welding Apprentice or CWB certificate 3-5 years in a heavy structural steel welding and fabrication environment
- Experience with SMAW/FCAW/MCAW/GMAW welding is essential, other welding experience is an asset
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate skills in problem solving.
- Possess qualities such as dependability, adaptability, and persistence.
- Ability to work overtime
- Team player who is detail-oriented and efficient, innovative, professional and personable.
- Ability and desire to fully utilize the technological resources provided, in order to perform all tasks effectively.
- Self-motivated, works well individually but is an effective team member.
- The employee spends the majority of time sitting or standing in a comfortable position with ample opportunity to move about.
- The employee must be able to lift up to 25lbs
- Travel is required and is expected to be approximately 5-10% of the time worked.
- Employee will be a member of a team that is geographically dispersed.
- Working conditions in natural gas compression vary from one job site to another. Some job sites are indoors in compressor stations while other sites are outside, exposed to a variety of weather conditions. The work environment may be in hazardous locations. There is a strong emphasis on safety while working with heavy equipment and machinery.
Full Time, Competitive Compensation
Health Insurance, Employer matched retirement plan, Life Insurance, Vacation