Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform Maintenance tasks
- Travel is required with company provided vehicle
- Follow and observe all safety and environmental policies
- Ensure parts and other resources are in place prior to scheduled work performed
Maintain high level of attention to detail
- Accurately input data
- Promptly return unused parts and cores to warehouse
- Maintain company vehicle according to company guidelines
- Assist in repair of unplanned major failures
- May be asked to assist during after-hours call out, as needed
Skills/Capabilities and Education:
- Technical or trade school certification or 5 years of additional work experience in related field
- Minimum of 5 years of compression experience
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills at the field level to both customers and employees.
- Capable of driving commercial size truck and a valid driver’s license with a Motor Vehicle Record history acceptable to FES
- Operate independently with little or no supervision.
- High degree of mechanical ability • Read and understand technical manuals
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, Internet and inventory tracking software.
- Full time
- Periodic lifting requirements in excess of 50 lbs. Ability to stand and walk on uneven and varied terrain, climb ladders and stairs, stoop, squat, kneel, crouch and crawl depending on the task requirements
- Exposure to extremes in temperature and weather conditions depending upon assigned location • Exposure to high noise levels (in excess of 85dBA), as well as exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals and materials
- The position requires ability to read and interpret data as well as having the capacity to professionally and effectively communicate (verbally and written) with both company and outside personnel.
- Employee will be a member of a team that is geographically dispersed.
- Working conditions in natural gas compression vary from one job site to another. Some job sites are indoors in compressor stations while other sites are outside, exposed to a variety of weather conditions. The work environment may be in hazardous locations. There is a strong emphasis on safety while working with heavy equipment and machinery
Health Insurance, Employer matched retirement plan, Life Insurance, Vacation